The work of volunteers is essential to the successful accomplishment of the Church’s mission and ministry. The management policies and procedures employed to supervise the work of volunteers must be consistent with the mission of the church or school and must support its successful achievement. Below are some resources that will help you along the way.
NAD Guidelines and Procedures
- Before They Volunteer
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- FB 20 Child Protection and Volunteer Screening Policies
- How to do Volunteer Reference Checking
- 4 Step Screening Process
The North America Division uses Adventist Screening Verification to clear employees and volunteers. Please contact your conference for more information on how to conduct a background check. If the volunteer might be driving children, they will need to check an extra box for their driving records to be screened. Also, check with your conference about any extra procedures or requirements to follow when selecting volunteers working with minors. For example, some conferences might have a minimum required age for driving children to children’s ministry functions.
Adventist Screening Verification offers background checks of the highest quality and accuracy. They use proprietary technology and a set of unique criminal locators to find more criminal records at America's county and state courthouses and to deliver the most accurate information available about your volunteers.
They are expanding the breadth and depth of the background checks that have typically been offered to volunteer programs. Their screening process goes far beyond the stale, instant database background checks and incomplete searches of other providers. And, with their optional identity validation product, they are closing gaps that exist in even extremely robust volunteer screening programs.
- NAD Child Protection Screening
- NAD Child Protection Screening: Reporting Child Abuse
- NAD Child Protection Screening: Contact
- NAD Child Protection Screening: Help/FAQs
- Responding and Reporting Child Abuse Training
- Volunteer Code of Conduct Training
- NAD Child Protection Policy Training
- Identifying Child Abuse Training
- Child Protection Plan Training
- NAD Summer Camp Staff Child Protection Training
- We Are Accountable
- “Suffer the Little Children”
- Skills that Youth Leaders Should Master – Resources
- Safety and the Pathfinder Counselor (ARM Presentation)